Life Lately: Emergency Funds, Pag-ibig MP2 & Work Updates

12:35 AM Cindy 4 Comments

Oh hi there! Did you miss me?! I’ve been missing in action here in my blog for months because I am busy with my personal life and have no energy to update this blog space of mine. Boo! 

What’s up with my absence? Well a lot has happened to me. First of is I’ve been saving a lot these past few months because I am eager to build my emergency funds before 2017 ends. As you read on my old entries here I exhaust all of my savings due to our house renovation which happened last year.

My short term goal for now is to have 6x the amount of my salary which I’m close on achieving it. Hallelujah! To be honest I’m having difficulty on making this habit of saving a large sum of my salary into emergency funds. The temptation is real when I’m fed up with stress but I keep on reminding myself that it is for my own good and I will reap what I sow in the future. Kaya ko ‘to!



This is my current mantra now because it inspires me to do little changes in my life that someday I can be financially free and retire early. Oh ayan ideclare na natin para achieve na achieve!

Anyhow, this Friday I will be celebrating my 28th birthday and gosh three more birthdays to go and my age will be out on the calendar. Even if I have no plans on my born day I still took a leave at work. Let’s say that I don’t want to experience EDSA traffic on my special day. Alam nyo nman ang EDSA super traffic dyan. Viral nga pala ngayon sa FB yung photo ng mga tao na sumasakay ng bus sa Bicutan. 
Photo grabbed from Meg Fontiveros Page

Nakakarelate ako guys kasi dyan ako nasakay ng bus dati kapag pumapasok sa work. Que horror ang sitwasyon dyan pero kebs lang need magtrabaho para sa ekonomiya. Pak pawerrr!

Second is I sign-up for Pag-ibig MP2 but I haven’t deposit an amount yet on my account. Do you guys have positive feedback using this saving program? Please comment below if you have any. I plan to set aside 1,000 pesos this coming December when I get my 13th month pay. 

Lastly, we move to a newer office. What’s nice about with our new office space is that it has brewed coffee! The smell of freshly brewed coffee in the morning is divine.


Parang inaasam ko na sana may ganun din kaming coffee maker sa house. Haha. Syempre joke lang yan di pa keri ng budget kong bumili nun oks na muna ako sa instant coffee.

Guys do you have any plans na ba sa upcoming long weekend this October 31 and November 1? Share your plans in the comment section below? Ako? Wala pa. Tambay lang sa house and magpakababad sa mga horror movies.

4 comments:

  1. For me MP2 is really promising. But i always keep in mind that this is only my silent savings. (5years maturity) Side hustles is what my mind prioritize now!!! 👍🏻👍🏻 happy saving💰💰💰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis Gigi, kakasimula ko pa lang maghulog sa MP2 last year. Hopefully magtuloy-tuloy yung pagset ng budget ko dun para naman malaki yung bumalik saken na interest kapag nagcash out na ko after 5 years. Hehe.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I signed up for pag ibig mp2 last May but I haven't deposited any amount yet. Pwede pa kaya yun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, pwede ka pang maghulog dun kahit sa Dec. or next year pa. Hehe.

      Delete